A weekend away – part 2

So if you read part one of our Blue Chip Holiday’s break you’ll of seen just how stunning the lodge was and how amazingly spoilt we felt staying their. Calling it a lodge doesn’t really do it justice, if I am honest it was a little house really – full central heating the lot. Furrow fields lodge saxton maybank

Saturday morning arrived and Maisy, my little early riser thought 4:40am was the best time to get up. I disagreed but the excitement was too much for her so it was a very early start for us.

Luckily we had the great selection of toys and books provided for the girls so they got stuck into those while I curled up under a blanket with coffee trying to remain conscious.

Bit of light reading for Bella first thing.

Once we were all up and ready we headed to Longleat safari park for the day – it isn’t particularly near to where we were staying but we fancied a nice day out, it was about a 45 minute drive there. Now get ready for a ton of photos I took quite a few and really just wanted to share them all but whittled it down.

longleat 8

longleat 2

We headed straight into the adventure park to have a look around and let the girls stretch their legs a little – a few things weren’t open due to the time of year but we still had plenty to look at.

longleat3

There’s one for the wall – my girls were not keen on having their photo taken at this particular moment.

longleat 10

longleat4

longleat1

How excited do I look!

longleat 11

There’s quite a few different places to eat in the park, we opted for the tropical storm cafe where they offer a range of hot and cold foods – panini’s, jacket potatoes, lasagna etc. Was reasonably priced and good sized portions. Lottie was loving the chocolate cake in the photo above.

longleat 12

Feeling refuelled we went to have a look around Longleat house the stunning stately home in the grounds. Entering the building really felt like you had been taken back to the 16th century, it’s beautiful. Full of history and antiques in every room. The children can dress up as you take a tour which is a really lovely touch, gets them feeling excited about it. I do think my girls were a little young to appreciate the house they just wanted to touch things and find the princesses, they would get more out of it in a few years time.

Before heading home we went on the safari which was the highlight of the day seeing the animals so close just going about their day to day business was amazing.

longleat15

Fancy a rhino sticking his head through the window!

longleat 17

longleat 16

The tigers were my favourite of all they were so playful and cute. I know very deadly and not really cute at all but they do look cuddly don’t they?

Back at the Lodge the girls jumped into the hot tub for a splash about before dinner, they loved the bubbles in there so much they have requested one in our garden for christmas!

It was the perfect end to a great day. Sunday came around all to quickly and it was time to say good-bye to our lovely little lodge.

We had a great weekend and I would highly recommend checking out the wide range of accommodation available at Blue Chip Holidays – perfect for short UK breaks with children.

Thanks for having us Blue Chip I am sure we will be visiting again soon!

1. October 18, 2015 / 7:45 pm

This trip looks so good. You got some amazing photos of the animals, want to take Amelia to Longleat 🙂 The last photo of Maisy and Bella is too cute x
    Alice recently posted…My Sunday Photo #42My Profile

2. October 18, 2015 / 8:02 pm

Longleat is one of our favourite places to visit, infact Elliot literally asks everyday when we are going back! I can’t believe that rhino is so close to the car, I think I’d be panicking abit! Did you go through the monkies?! x
    Elaine @ Entertaining Elliot recently posted…Autumn Walks in Wareham Forest DorsetMy Profile

• October 20, 2015 / 9:34 pm

Aww bless him, I know it was amazing they are so big and scary looking but I think they are quite gentle really. Not didn’t want to risk the damage to the car haha! x
      Amy recently posted…It’s nearly half term..My Profile

3. October 19, 2015 / 9:17 am

Super photos Amy! Love the messy face one!! Hilarious. Looks great fun, we might consider going next year with the twins. We love places like this – thanks for sharing xx

4. October 19, 2015 / 7:49 pm

Wow! The lodge looks amazing… I’ve always wanted to go to Longleat too! It looks as incredible as I always imagined it would be! My three are similar ages to yours I think! Love that picture for the wall… Hilarious! Definitely one to hold on to!

• October 20, 2015 / 9:36 pm

Haha I do actually want to get it printed out it’s so funny could be our christmas card!
      Amy recently posted…It’s nearly half term..My Profile

5. October 19, 2015 / 10:42 pm

Loving the photos, true classics with the girls faces 🙂
    Longleat is one of my favourite places to visit, I must take my children again next year, as not been for a few years now.
    The lodge looks superb, somewhere I would be tempted to visit for sure and the hot tub, would be like the icing on the cake.

6. October 19, 2015 / 10:51 pm

beautiful pics Hun. I really want to go to longleat one day so will look into accommodation suitable for little ones on Blue Chip. Could I ask u a huge favour – please could u take a peek at http://www.cankidsgo.com and if time add your accommodation and longleat to the site to share with other parents trying to find family friendly places. Many thanks xx
    Amanda recently posted…Pumpkin & Chocolate Chip Bread RecipeMy Profile

7. October 19, 2015 / 11:54 pm

Looks like a lovely trip away. I’ve always wanted to go to Longleat, it looks great especially the safari bit.x
    Ky recently posted…Hypothyroidism updateMy Profile

8. October 20, 2015 / 8:43 pm

I haven’t been to a safari park for years, we must go soon as I love seeing the animals up close! Spencer is always a little worried about the monkeys trashing his car!
    Your lodge looks amazing, we’ve booked a hot tub lodge break next year and I can’t wait!

#Love2Blog
    Leanne Cornelius recently posted…Review : IngenuiTEA TeapotMy Profile

9. October 20, 2015 / 10:25 pm

Looks like it was a lovely trip and that lodge looks gorgeous. I bet N would be in the hot tub all the time if we went somewhere with them too.
    Emma T recently posted…School days and settling inMy Profile

10. October 21, 2015 / 6:41 am

I really love these types of holidays. Little lodges, cosy blankets and fun days out! I’ve never been to Longleat but have always wanted to, and now I’ve seen your photos I want to go even more!! Super cute pics of the girls 🙂 xx
    Alex recently posted…Top 5 Prams Suitable from BirthMy Profile