1950’s vintage mood board

Vintage look - 1950s inspired
Recently I have become obsessed with the vintage look of the 1950’s and thought I’d share with you a 1950’s mood board today, it’s just one of those classic looks that keeps on making a come back. The soft pastel shades are beautiful with the gold and brassy tones is just screams elegance and I love it.
Not quite sure I could quite pull of the dress and driving gloves (I feel I’d need an old fashion little sports car with a scarf around my head) but there are simple ways to add some of that 1950’s sparkle into your home. Whether that be with the cute pastel pink cast iron casserole pots (which I need in my kitchen now!) or some gold rimmed wine glasses they would look so amazing at a dinner party. I am giving my house such an over haul at the minute I really want to add in more things that represent my kind of style which is why I am looking for inspiration all over the place.
What do you think love the 50’s look?
This is a collaborative post.
Home Etc

1. September 9, 2015 / 6:30 pm

What a cool and sophisticated look. And very chic. The colours are just my palette too! I could imagine wearing that dress, sitting on the sofa, drinking wine and listening to old music!! (twin-free obvs!!). Lovely wine glasses 🙂 Thanks for linking up, much appreciated.

Jess xx #HomeEtc

• September 13, 2015 / 8:12 pm

I could imagine you doing that too jess you would pull off this look so well! x
      Amy recently posted…A forever homeMy Profile

2. September 9, 2015 / 7:12 pm

I love the colour palette here! So much so that I do already have two sofas in a similar colour and style. I don’t have the dress to match though sadly! #HomeEtc
    Lizzie Woodman recently posted…Autumn flowers…My Profile

3. September 9, 2015 / 8:15 pm

I love this look, especially with the pale blue sofa. But most of all I would live the dress with the headscarf, sports car and red nails. The 50’s were so sophisticated xx

• September 13, 2015 / 8:13 pm

They really were we need to bring that back!
      Amy recently posted…A forever homeMy Profile

4. September 9, 2015 / 8:45 pm

I don’t think my hubby would be to pleased if I introduced pink but I’d love to wear that dress. #HomeEtc

5. September 10, 2015 / 6:57 pm

Aaah this is a lovely, lovely mood board!! LOVE it. I love this era — love the dress — I’d be happy as Larry floating around in that!!! Such a lovely palette — the navy and pink work beautifully together xx Thanks so much for linking up with us — hope to see you again next week! x #HomeEtc

Caro | http://www.thetwinklediaries.co.uk
    Caro | The Twinkles Mama recently posted…Home Etc #17 — Home and Garden Inspired Blog HopMy Profile

6. September 11, 2015 / 8:18 pm

Looks fab – I saw the pastel Le Creuset range earlier this week too, and I daren’t show my mum! 🙂 #homeetc
    Stephanie recently posted…Word of the week: RewardingMy Profile

7. September 12, 2015 / 6:29 pm

YES!! You can totally can rock this look. Great idea to do a mood board. Loved seeing all the items you love. Xx
    Kat | Beau Twins recently posted…Why Her and Not Me?My Profile