Summer Breeze On The Quay

I always say how much I love where I live and I really do it’s lovely to visit new places and travel but there really is no place like home – Poole is where I was brought up and it is where my children will be raised. One of the reasons I love living in Poole is there is so much to do for families, Thursday night I took the girls down to the Quay for the summer breeze event which happens every single week throughout the summer holidays.summer breeze 1 Summer breeze transforms the entire Quay with fun activities and entertainment for everyone, you can listen to live music while taking in the fun atmosphere as the children excitedly jump on bouncy castles and after you can tuck in to some delicious fish and chips.

Each week street entertainers will put on a show this week there was juggling knives and throwing fire – I’d never seen my girls so quiet.

summer breeze 5

There were some amazing BMX stunts going on from Savage Skills ..

bmx

The night wouldn’t have been complete with out some chips..

summer breeze 6

Before we knew it was time for the fireworks, any time I have taken the girls to a display before at least one of them will fall asleep and miss the display but we all managed to stay up this time they loved it Maisys little face says it all..

FireworksWatching the fireworks across the harbour is just beautiful.

A great evening of free entertainment for families every week can’t go wrong with that, we will definitely be going again..see you there?

Written in collaboration with Poole Tourism.

The Twinkle Diaries

1. July 28, 2015 / 7:10 am

What fun. Looks like Poole has so much going for it, a great evening out. Do join me for Country Kids it’s all about outdoor time, popping by from #TwinklyTuesday
    Coombe Mill recently posted…Make Holiday Packing Fun for KidsMy Profile

2. July 28, 2015 / 5:05 pm

I am so jealous you live by the seaside- I would absolutely love to live by the sea, but I like being near my family so wouldn’t move. I used to go to Poole and Bournemouth a lot when I was working before the girls as I was contracted to work away a week of the month in Bournemouth- it’s such a lovely part of the world. x
    Katie @mummydaddyme recently posted…A Week in our Lives- July 2015My Profile

• July 28, 2015 / 6:54 pm

It really is so nice living down hear should try and pop down with the kids there loads to do for little ones! xx
      Amy recently posted…Summer Breeze On The QuayMy Profile

3. August 2, 2015 / 5:23 pm

How lovely! I think it’s great that you love where you live and that there’s so much for children. I’m not particularly attached to the places I grew up, in part because we didn’t venture out too often. I LOVE where we live now, though. We’re heading out for our local summer musical next weekend – a free professional performance of Hairspray!

Thanks for being part of #TwinklyTuesday!
    Sadia recently posted…The Child is the Mother of the MotherMy Profile

4. August 13, 2015 / 1:25 pm

We once arrived at Poole horribly early for an early morning ferry with 2 sleeping boys in the car and had to drive round and round the town for what seemed like an age so as to keep them asleep! There was not much to do at that unearthly hour but this all looks a lot more fun! #LoveWhereILive
    Rosie @Eco-Gites of Lenault recently posted…Le Jardin des Plantes – Jardin Botanique in Caen, NormandyMy Profile

5. August 13, 2015 / 3:08 pm

I think it is so important for community spirit to have events like these! And having them free of charge really does mean they are accessible to everyone! It looks like you had a great time with your girls, and now I want chips! #lovewhereilive
    Mel @mydaysni recently posted…A Day in Bangor Featuring Pickie Fun parkMy Profile

6. August 16, 2015 / 9:40 pm

Ah we haven’t been down to the Thurs fireworks yet this year, I’m not sure Elliot would manage to stay awake til 10pm! We can hear them from our house though, they scared me to death last week. They were so loud that I thought someone was stomping around upstairs!! Thanks for linking up to #LoveWhereILive xx
    Elaine @ Entertaining Elliot recently posted…CBeebies Alex Winters InterviewMy Profile