Bye Bye Baby Day’s

This morning I took Lottie to the doctors for her next lot of immunisations.

It was horrible, she was sat in the waiting room being cute as a button, getting coo’s and smiles from everyone as she toddled over to me to throw her podgy little arms around my neck and give me a big old smooch. I felt horrendous as I knew she was going to be a very cross little baby in a few minutes as soon as the nurse gives her not one but three injections!

She was as you can imagine very upset but it only lasted a couple of minutes and she was back to her happy little self again.

As we we’re on the way out the nurse commented on how Lottie was such a lovely little toddler.

Toddler

What my little baby? A toddler

This afternoon it has actually hit me that my baby isn’t really much of a baby anymore;

she walks,

she talks,

she feeds herself,

she sleeps all night,

and she’s turning in to a real independent little lady.

How did this little toddler sneak up on me without me even noticing!

Today I am saying bye bye to those baby day’s – they’ll be so missed, as we enter our new chapter one filled with learning, exploring, experimenting and lots of fun!

Bye Bye baby days

1. May 21, 2015 / 10:23 pm

Ah bless, what a lovely post Amy. I have a little one who has just turned 12 months. Luckily she’s not walking yet and her words are few and far between so I’m clinging on to her being a baby. I think that when she starts to walk I’ll be kissing baby goodbye and saying hello to toddler. It will be a sad day.xx
    Natalie Ray recently posted…Our Thursday Photo #54My Profile

2. May 22, 2015 / 8:47 pm

They grow so quickly don’t they? Grace isn’t walking yet though so to me she’s still my little baby lol. She’s got her one year immunisations next week too. I’m dreading it.

Rebecca x x

3. May 26, 2015 / 10:44 pm

Amy,
    Isn’t it ridiculous how fast they grow up! And it is almost like it doesn’t hit us until someone puts it into perspective for us like the nurse did for you. But the toddler years are going to be such a blast! You have great baby memories but you’ll have even better toddler experiences! Enjoy it! 🙂
    Smiles from California,
    Shaina
    Shaina Braun recently posted…5 Lies About Being a New MommyMy Profile

4. May 27, 2015 / 5:50 am

Ah it is such a bittersweet moment when you suddenly realise the baby has gone and been replaced by a toddler. Wouldn’t it be nice to have a ‘pause’ or ‘slow down’ button sometimes? Lottie looks adorable in the photos 🙂
    Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) recently posted…Three Little Pigs themed craftsMy Profile

5. May 27, 2015 / 6:44 am

It’s so strange when they become toddlers. I now have to say “my two toddlers” instead of my toddler and my baby, which is really weird.

Now dreading the moment when Miss S isn’t even a toddler anymore…. not sure what I’m going to do then!
    Lora @ The 21st Century Mama recently posted…Recipes: Gluten Free Parmesan CrackersMy Profile

6. May 27, 2015 / 7:35 am

It’s such a bittersweet moment isn’t it. We want them to grow up and reach all their milestones but not too quickly and it does happen so fast. It suddenly dawned on me when I was food shopping a few weeks back that my baby is no longer a baby when I realised that I didn’t need anything down the baby isle (except nappies). Bottles and sanitising solutions are no longer needed and haven’t been for a long time. I realised that my baby is growing up already and I nearly cried there and then. We aren’t having any more babies so it was a very sad moment especially when I suddenly realised at that exact moment that not only is my baby now a toddler, my toddler is now officially a pre-schooler. I have a post similar to this sitting in my drafts. Guess I’d better get on and finish it because before I know it they’ll be off to school. Now that will be a sad day 🙁
    Unhinged Mummy (aka Janine Woods) recently posted…Help! Stuck In A Lunch Rut!My Profile

7. May 27, 2015 / 7:49 am

The baby days go so quickly! We looked at pics of our 3 yr old the other day and compared them to this time last year and the difference is incredible! She’s a proper little girl now xx #kidscorner
    Little treasures recently posted…Funky LeggingsMy Profile

8. May 27, 2015 / 1:28 pm

She is gorgeous! My youngest is 8 months and I’ve recently found myself getting all broody over newborns. Rory seems so big now! Even though I said NEVER again a couple of days ago I’m now considering 3 again! (although I seem to change my mind daily at the moment!)

9. May 27, 2015 / 7:16 pm

Sadly baby’s don’t stay baby’s for long. Now you have an independent toddler to have fun with 🙂 xx #kidscorner
    Rachel recently posted…Headspace meditation appMy Profile

10. May 27, 2015 / 7:30 pm

I know the feeling. I think it’s because it all goes so quickly. She’s gorgeous by the way xx #kidscorner
    Emma’s Mamma recently posted…PanicMy Profile

11. May 27, 2015 / 8:12 pm

Very bittersweet! I can’t believe how quickly the last couple of years has gone, they just grow up and learn to do much in such a short amount of time don’t they? #kidscorner
    Carolyn recently posted…Baby Style: Blue FloralsMy Profile

12. May 27, 2015 / 8:31 pm

Its goes so quickly 🙁 we have just had a similar moment of realisation when Monkey almost three, is no longer a toddler and now a preschooler and a proper little boy. I guess these will continue all way through their lives now and we all need to make the most of every moment. I am sure you will have ooddles of fun with your toddler 🙂 xx #kidscorner
    Mudpie Fridays recently posted…Froggy Light Box Sensory PlayMy Profile

13. May 27, 2015 / 9:59 pm

Ah, toddlerhood comes around so fast! I hate bringing them for injections too, I always feel so bad. It’s great she was back to herself so quickly 🙂 #KidsCorner