My Pushchair History

Last month saw me finally more from a proper big pushchair to a stroller about 5 years since I bought my first pushchair when we were expecting Maisy I hadn’t realised over the next few years just how many I’d get through. It’s a little sad now thinking my two big girls no longer need one and it will only be a matter of time until Lottie out grows hers and were a pushchair-less family how strange will that be!

Today I’m looking back through my pushchair history and how what I look for in a push chair has changed over the years.

We started off with the Quinny Buzz 3 ohh how I loved this push chair being a typical new clueless mum we chose the limited edition very stylish looking black frame and a white  – I know WHITE  seat, what the hell were we thinking! White and babies is a complete no go! But I loved it so easy to push, light, compact east to fold down, the storage on it was rubbish though! so although I loved it this push chair was just so impractical – you live and learn!

push chair 1

When Maisy was just 5 months old I fell pregnant again with Bella cue months of searching for a perfect push chair for a toddler and a baby, we decided on the phil and teds vibe I liked the black and red look it seemed like a good option and I loved how you could change it as baby grows, I thought I’d found the one! But no as most things I don’t think you realise until you have it and your using it everyday just what its like i found it quite big and hard to store I didn’t like that you couldn’t have the car seat on it as well it was just inconvenient always in the way and the rain cover was mahoooosive, don’t get me wrong it did the job and we got on with it for about 18 months but it has room for improvement.pushchair 2

When I found out we were expecting Lottie the phil and teds was still in use but now just as a single, for a few months I thought I would just stick with it and use it again for Lottie and Bella. Then I got to that stage in pregnancy where your looking through all the brochures, push chairs just kept popping out at me I’d go shopping and be testing them out – I had slight push chair addiction, there was one in particular I had a thing for and that was the Bugaboo Donkey Duo it just looks so cool after showing Ryan a youtube clip of it in action a few times (please tell me I’m not the only one who youtube these things?) he agreed to it I was so excited.

extra-bugaboo_donkey_duo_21_39l-2
But then I found someone was selling a near new iCandy peach blossom for about a quarter of the price and sensible head went on – well something had to pay for the unnecessary amounts of baby shoes I needed to buy which they never seem to wear. After hearing some great reviews on it we went for that but I wasn’t impressed I find the steering on it so light that with 2 children in it just goes where it wants to then is so heavy to manoeuvre even more so if your doing it one handed because you also have a toddler in tow wanting to hold hands. With one child in and two hands on the bar its like a dream 3 children and 1 hand it is not!

Push chair 3

I do kick myself for not getting the Donkey it’ll always be the one, maybe if we have baby no.4 one day ill treat myself!

Which leads us to now we’ve ditched the tandem and Lottie is rocking the lovely Cosatto bow how! Which I love, looks beautiful and folds down really easily! Its perfect for us.

IMG_3750My push chair addiction may be slightly rubbing off?

So how about you do you like a nice new pushchair? Do you have any you really love or loath let me know in the comments!

Mami 2 Five

1. March 21, 2015 / 8:29 pm

I had quite a few pushchairs when the boys were little, I love the pink dotty one so cute x

• March 24, 2015 / 9:26 pm

Thanks I’m so happy with it! x

2. March 21, 2015 / 10:27 pm

I have some serious pushchair envy right now!
    Hehe!
    It is a relief and a shame in one go when your child no longer needs a pram!
    xx

• March 24, 2015 / 9:26 pm

haha! yes it will be nice but also a little sad!

3. March 22, 2015 / 6:54 am

I’ve only had two pushchairs so far. We got a Mothercare travel system (think it was called Xtreme?) first, because it was green and matched my Cath Kidston changing bag. Absolutely the worst reason to buy a pushchair ever!! It also had three proper tyres rather than plastic wheels and we lived by the beach then (and had a trip to the Lakes booked) so it made sense for us to have an outdoorsy type pushchair. It was too heavy and bulky though. After about 6 months we got a Graco Evo which was more lightweight and better for nipping to the shops and getting in and out of cafés. If we have another baby I would do more research this time and not just go off colour! x

#sundaystars

• March 24, 2015 / 9:27 pm

oh god i love that reason lol! x

4. March 22, 2015 / 8:27 am

I’m on number three and I ony have one child!! I too wrote about it a while back! I just love them and referred to myself as a pramoholic! Love the look of all of your ones even if they weren’t all perfect!! #sundaystars

• March 24, 2015 / 9:28 pm

i think with all push chairs they have pros and cons don’t they! x

5. March 22, 2015 / 8:58 am

Love this! Great idea for a post. We have the same taste. I had a peach blossom iCandy in Parma Violet and now just got the Cosatto Supa Dupa Bow How twin and adore it. Xx

• March 24, 2015 / 9:28 pm

pram twins!

6. March 22, 2015 / 12:48 pm

A white pushchair??!!! Eeeeeeek! I disagree about the Bugaboo Donkey – we pushed it for a test around Mothercare and it seemed enormous!!!!! I decided not to bother. The tandem rather than the side-by-side worked best for us. Great post and love the range you’ve had! xx #sundaystars

• March 24, 2015 / 9:29 pm

ino ino i was a crazy pregnant lady no one could tell me otherwise looks good though for a couple of weeks at least! 😉

7. March 22, 2015 / 1:00 pm

I wish I could satisfy my love from prams! We have an Oyster which we still use almost daily and Indiana’s 16 months. Expecting #2 in August so i get to upgrade to a double! We’re getting the iCandy peach blossom. I thought the Donkey looked gorgeous but not a fan of side-by-side doubles xx

• March 24, 2015 / 9:29 pm

yes thats what put me off getting one originally but i think they look so pretty! x

8. March 22, 2015 / 6:01 pm

I’ve had a slight pushchair obsession in the past. My all time favourite was the Jane 3 wheeler but this time round I wanted to see my baby so opted for a Quinny Buzz, it’s great but you’re right about the rubbish shopping basket. We’re product testing the phil & teds verve at the moment and it’s massive, I’m still on the search for the one! #sundaystars

• March 24, 2015 / 9:30 pm

phill and teds are big aren’t they but they are good for off roading! x

9. March 22, 2015 / 6:55 pm

I was a pramoholic too so understand your addiction! I had a mamas and papas pramette, a bugaboo chameleon and a phil and teds …. whoops! #sundaystars

• March 24, 2015 / 9:30 pm

haha you are an addict!

10. March 22, 2015 / 7:51 pm

I’ve had three – one was a silver cross pram etc that we were given but didn’t fold down small enough to go in the car.
    I then bought a mamas & papas sola and then when Emma arrived I got a second hand phil & teds double.
    Rarely use any of them as I prefer to carry them in a sling but the Sola is the one that is most used xx
    #sundaystars

11. March 22, 2015 / 8:24 pm

I LOVE how many you have had. The Donkey was coming out just as I had the twins but I couldn’t bring myself to spend the money. I had a bugaboo for Lily, the I-candy too for the twins and then a baby jogger. Love a good pram! #sundaystars

• March 24, 2015 / 9:31 pm

who’s doesnt ay! pram shopping is great fun x

12. March 22, 2015 / 9:17 pm

oh I just love love that last photo! Such a cheeky grin. So that’s the winner for me 😉

• March 24, 2015 / 9:32 pm

hehe cheapest aswell only a tenner! i should of just used that she fits – Just!!

13. March 23, 2015 / 8:49 pm

I have 3 children too, and I am now on pushchair number 9 I think it is, and I’m still not completely happy with it either, the perfect pushchair just comes with too high a price tag doesn’t it. x

• March 24, 2015 / 9:33 pm

wow 9 thats nuts i don’t think there is such a thing to be honest they all have good points and bad i guess it depends what your looking for and use it for my stroller is great for the school run or nipping into town but crap at going for walks when the roads uneven – can’t win! x

14. March 26, 2015 / 6:00 pm

We’ve had just ONE!! Because it was such an investment, we chose really wisely. It;s been the most amazing bit of kit!! We still absolutely LOVE it!! Although we’re getting to the point that we may need a little fold-a-way stroller for holidays and stuff. We’ve got the Baby Jogger City Select — it’s been one of the best items we’ve bought for the boys — just amazing! X

Caro | http://www.thetwinklediaries.co.uk