Growing Strawberries!

Today the girls and I planted some strawberries!

Last year I attempt some gardening in our old house and I won’t lie it was a sorry situation, everything seemed to die within a week or so – probably had something to do with me forgetting to water the poor things!

Any who new year, new garden and all that I’m determined this year to keep something alive, are garden is a lot smaller than the last one but I would quite like to pop a few pot plants out and maybe a hanging basket if I’m feeling adventurous enough.

I found this strawberry growing kit in ASDA and thought it looked pretty fool proof! I also love the red pot!

strawberries

The girls got stuck right in with there hands they love anything messy like this!

Adding the water, it was so nice to see them working together.

They were very proud of there plant pot, we headed out in the garden to find a spot for it.

IMG_8070I love this picture of them both looking very cheeky!

They can’t wait to see they’re strawberries growing Maisy has vowed to water them everyday.

1. March 10, 2015 / 4:59 pm

These pictures are so cute, what a great idea. I am definitely going to have to source out one of those, we don’t have a proper garden but there may be somewhere near the front of the house we could do this. Thanks for linking up #justus2

• March 10, 2015 / 11:13 pm

Our gardens not the best thats why this was perfect because it comes with the little pot, you welcome x

2. March 10, 2015 / 6:12 pm

That reminds me I have a strawberry growing kit that I got late last year…I must plant them!
    Good luck! I hope they grow x

• March 10, 2015 / 11:12 pm

Thanks me too! x

3. March 10, 2015 / 10:09 pm

Your girls looked like they were having a lot of fun planting their strawberries – what a good idea and hope they grow well 🙂

• March 10, 2015 / 11:11 pm

they loved it thank you x

4. March 10, 2015 / 10:49 pm

My two grew me a bush when they were little and we still have it, they still feel proud of it ha ha x

• March 10, 2015 / 11:10 pm

aww thats so sweet I hope this grows!

5. March 12, 2015 / 12:44 pm

I remember the first time we did this and Lily wanted the veg to grow then, she kept going back outside every half an hour wanting to know why it hadn’t grown yet! Lovely iccies.

6. March 13, 2015 / 1:35 pm

Ahh they look so proud of their planting. I love gardening with my mom as a kid and I bet yours do too. What a lovely thing to do together. Thank you ever so much for linking up to Share With Me. #sharewithme

7. March 14, 2015 / 8:33 pm

Your gardening sounds like mine, I hope you have better success than me. We have wild strawberries here that always do better than anything I plant. Love the look of anticipation on your girls so I hope they get some strawberries! Thank you for sharing on Country Kids.

8. March 14, 2015 / 8:48 pm

We did this last year! We got the seeds to have leaves. I have to admit that I dont even water it in the last months so I am surprise to see it still alive outside in its pot. I think I need to give it a bit of TLC.

Gardening is a lovely activity for kids and looks they yours are having so much fun doing it =) #countrykids

9. March 16, 2015 / 11:08 am

We tried strawberries last year and failed. I’d like to have another go again this year. Good luck with yours. Lovely pics 🙂 #MagicMoments

10. March 16, 2015 / 7:53 pm

I’ll need to try these. We love strawberries in our house.

11. April 9, 2015 / 2:39 pm

Ooh good luck with the strawberry growing, we don’t have a garden but would love to grow something! #magicmoments