We all have those days when the kids wake up is silly o’clock and by 10am we are craving a little nap – Ha fat chance of that with a toddler bouncing off the walls and a laundry basket which is dangerously over flowing.
This is me most days so I thought I’d share some energy boosting tips today that can help see you through to at least bed time before you can collapse in a heap!
- Get moving – the longer I sit and think about how tired I am the more exhausted I feel, If I get up and get on with some chores I soon feel a whole lot better.
- Get outside – I’m not saying you need to go on a hour long hike, just a trip to the shops or even just a cuppa out in the garden will instantly refresh you.
- If you’re anything like me when feeling knackered I reach for the biscuits or chocolate for a quick sugar fix, which will work for all of half an hour then I just crash again and feel even worse. As tough as it can be try go for a good healthy option something like these banana and chia seeds bites are perfect energy boosting snack.
- Are energy drinks your thing? A much healthier alternative would be one of these 6VitaminShot’s packed full of vitamins and contains the same caffeine as one cup of coffee.
- Take an early night – you may have a ton of stuff to get done but you’ll only do a half arsed job if your shattered, have a chilled evening when the kids are in bed and get an early night in the next day you’ll feel brand new.
As with most things in life regular exercise and keeping a well balanced diet are massively important with maintaining energy levels these are just some extra tips for little things that give me a boost when I need it!
Do you have any more energy boosting tips? I’d love to hear them!