Turkey and red lentil Curry
Today I’m sharing the recipe for a scrummy and healthy Turkey and red lentil curry.
I needed a quick dinner the other night using up some turkey breast and throw this all together and it actually turned out really well!
- Turkey Breast chopped into small chunks
- 1 onion diced
- 1 large sweet potato sliced
- 1 pepper slices
- 6/7 mushrooms sliced
- 1 vegetable stock cube dissolved in 300ml boiling water
- 2 handfuls of dried red lentils
- 1 handful spinach
- 1/2 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tbsp coriander
- 1 tbsp turmeric
(roughly as I said i just threw it all in so go with the flavours you enjoy and make it as hot as you like!)
- I started off frying the onion in a little oil for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Add in all the spices stir for another minute or 2.
- Add turkey breast fry for 5 minutes until lightly browned all over
- Add the sweet potato, pepper, mushrooms lentils and stock. Cover and leave for 30-40 mins on a low temperature.
- Throw in the spinach 5 mins before you serve.
- When cooked the lentils will be soft and turkey cooked right through, and serve!
This would also be great to chuck it all in the slow cooker in the morning and cook on low all day.