One of my resolutions this year was to get back into my fitness and start eating healthier. My relationship with food is very up and down I have a particularly sweet tooth and chocolate is my weak spot oh and not to mention crips with dip!
There are two main reasons I want to make some changes to my diet:
- On the whole the kids eat very well (much better than me) its something I have always been a little strict on – yes they have there treats but it is a treat. As they get older though I do not want them to start seeing my bad habits, like skipping breakfast or the 7 biscuits I have with a cuppa in the afternoon, and start copying!
- For myself – I eat rubbish means I feel sluggish, I’m snappy and I loose all motivation. At the end of everyday I feel utterly useless like another day has been wasted.
- Walk more – I’ve ditched the car and started doing the school run by foot it takes me roughly and hour to get there, see Maisy into nursery and get back home. Which isn’t all that different to when I drove, once I’d battled traffic, attempted to park(very badly) and got the kids in an out of the car. Its a good way to get me ready for the day ahead.
- Finding alternatives – Finding snacks I enjoy that aren’t biscuits, crisps and chocolates. Rice cakes, fruit and yogurt, banana and chia bites still yum and much better for me!
- No more skipping breakfast – again starting the day on the right note!
- Smoothies – Last week I purchased the Breville Blend Active and have been really loving whipping up smoothies with the kids they love their fruit and already eat lots but its a great way to get them involved and making sure I’m getting enough as well.
- Getting Organised – There’s nothing less motivating than feeling overwhelmed with a to do list thats spiralling out of control, I’ve sat down and got myself in order now I know what were doing each day, meals are planned and I feel on top of things.
Just making these small changes I have so much more energy, I feel calmer and excited about all the things I have planned and coming up in my blog and day to day life. 2015 has gotten off to a great start I hope it continues!