Last week I started a new series on everything mummy (Back to basics)and I’m going to share with you a new simple family recipe every week, last week we started off with one of my favourite dishes creamy chicken curry. This week I’m sharing with you a easy Spanish Omelette super easy, suitable of vegetarians and a really cheap dish.
- 1 onion
- 2 medium sized potatoes
- 2/3 courgettes
- 1 clove of garlic
- 5 eggs
- 150ml milk
- mixed herbs, salt & pepper
- Start by preheating the oven to 180°c/350°f and grease a shallow oven proof dish with a little butter.
- Thinly slice the onion and chop the potatoes into small chunks fry them gently in 2 tbsp of oil for 5 minutes.
- Cut the courgette into small pieces and add them to the pan.
- Crush garlic and add to the pan cook for a further 5 minutes(ish) until the vegetables are slightly soft.
- Remove the pan fro the heat and spoon the veg into the oven proof dish in an even layer.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs with a fork and add the milk, herbs, salt and pepper, beat together well.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables, then put the dish into the oven and bake for 40 minutes, until it has set and is golden brown.
- To check its cooked push a knife into the middle if runny egg comes out cook for another 5-10 mins.