Mummy and maisy time

Parenting and motherhood feels like such a juggling act trying to find the right balance between it all; one on one time, family time, play, housework, work for some people, me time, couple time we’re all told how important is and that we must make time for it but there really just aren’t enough hours in the day to do it all, so it’s inevitable that we’ll feel like we’re failing somewhere or feeling guilty whether its the house is a tip or you haven’t had a date night in yonks.

Maisy is my first born my beautiful little girl who has grown up far too quickly I oftern feel guilty when it comes to maisy she had 13 months and 3 weeks of my full and undivided attention untill her 1st little sister was born (bella). And since then I have found it hard to fit in one on one time with her.

She became independant so quickly and bella was always more demanding and then of corse baby Lottie was born and due to breast feeding ect it’s been even harder to get some time with them all separately.

So last week we had a special just mummy and maisy afternoon and off we went into town to get her school uniform for when she starts big nursery at the school in a couple of weeks, to most people this little shopping trip wouldn’t be a big deal but to me it really was I loved just having some time with maisy we stopped for a cake, and she loved choosing her uniform.

1. September 1, 2014 / 9:56 am

Days together are fab. It can all get a bit much being a Mum so it’s nice to take some time with them to do something fun. The house stuff can wait.

2. September 1, 2014 / 10:46 am

I also have three kids so I know it’s hard finding time for each of them. Sounds like you had a lovely day with Maisy though. #magicmoments

• September 5, 2014 / 6:53 am

It is some people make it look to easy

3. September 1, 2014 / 8:54 pm

Our second is due in Nov so I need to remember to keep some special time for my gorgeous girl!

• September 5, 2014 / 6:54 am

Yeah it’s hard especially in the beginning new norms are so demanding

4. September 3, 2014 / 8:37 pm

I absolutely get this. I love making time to have one-on-one time with each of my children. It is often difficult to manage but when we do achieve it is pays such dividends.

• September 5, 2014 / 6:56 am

They love it don’t they even if it’s just doing something simple and abit boring like shopping!

5. September 4, 2014 / 7:05 pm

You are SPOT ON! I never feel like I spend enough time with each of my twins, then worry that I play too much etc… nightmare! However when I take them out on their own it’s so special and nice to get some quality 1-2-1 time. Lovely photo’s and great post x x

• September 5, 2014 / 6:57 am

Ino no matter what you do there’s always something you think you could be doing more of or doing better, thanks lovely! X