A question I’ve been asked a lot recently is how do I have time to do my make up in the morning with the 3 kids? it’s not easy pre children I used to spend about half an hour every morning using all different products, now I’m lucky to have 10 minuets. So this post is going to be a little different to usual I’m just going to give you a quick run down of my favourite make up products that I use more or less everyday when I’m rushing about almost always running late for something or other.
- I start off with Rimmel’s Matte Perfection foundation all over, love this foundation a lot I have been using Rimmel’s wake me up foundation for ever and still do love it, but wanted to try something new, it doesn’t give the dewy skin look like wake me up but, blends well and has good coverage yet still feels light on the skin so great for summer and also contains SPF 18!
|match perfection foundation & stay matte powder|
- Next up is a
little bitton of concealer I haven’t slept a full night in almost 4 years so I NEED to cover my under eye circles with something I know isn’t going to budge all day, everyone raves about this concealer but it is literally the best I’ve ever used, of course I’m talking about collections lasting perfection. The coverage is amazing and it WILL last all day and best of all its under £5 Bargain.
- All this needs to be set so I dust over some of Rimmel’s stay matte pressed powder, been using this for a long time it keeps make up in place, gets rid of that unwanted shine but doesn’t leave your skin looking cakey like some heavy powders can – like this a lot.
- For some colour and to create some cheek bone on my otherwise cheek boneless face, at the moment I’m using Bourjois bronzing powder I use this lightly all round the edge of my face and down my nose and then I contour a little more in the hollows of my cheek (just below cheek bones) I’m quite fair so find most too dark but this is just right.
- Next product is a two in one, this as you can see well loved little pallet from Virgin Vie I’ve had for soooo long I don’t even know if you can get it anymore but the main thing I use out of there is the matte brown which I use on my eye brows, I just put a little bit on an angled brush and lightly flick it through. I think eye shadow on the brows give you a much softer looking natural brow then pencil, its so quick also I’m crap at eyebrows and this is so much easier.
I don’t really wear eye shadow everyday as time is against me but I do also use this pallet for a quick neutral eye sometimes by just putting the lighter brown all over and then the darker brown through my crease and blending well with a clean fluffy brush.
- Lastly I finish with a quick coat of Maybelline the falsies mascara this has been my fave for ages, think this must be on my fourth one now! The spoon shaped brush makes for a quick easy application and i just really like how my lashes look with this on lots of volume and length.
For lips i mainly use a bit of burt bees lip balm but if I do want a splash of colour I’m really liking the Revlon colour burst matte balms very pigmented, however if you have dry lips you’ll need to give them a bit of a scrub first because its matte it will really show any flakeyness (technical term)
so they’re my quick fixes when I have no time in the mornings which is more or less every morning it takes me less than 10 minutes so long as my skins behaving itself.